[Diabetes-talk] Levemir

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Thu May 9 23:14:36 UTC 2013

Hi Dar!

I did use Levemir for a short time.  I stopped because I was not able to get
it to last 24 hours.  This is not a quick acting Insulin.  Rather it is a
slow acting type like Lantus, which takes 3 or 4 days to effect your blood
sugar level.  Five units is not a lot of insulin, so don't worry about
getting low yet.

Remember Insulin does not cause weight gain but being in great control after
not being in control will cause you to gain weight, which is possible to
lose with more exercise.

Joy