[Diabetes-talk] Tour de Cure 2013

Sally Maguire 1.sally at comcast.net
Sat May 18 18:58:42 UTC 2013

May 18, 2013

Dear  fellow Diabetics,

I am participating in the American Diabetes Association's annual Tour de Cure event this year. I am asking you to join me in the effort to Stop Diabetes by making a contribution to support my ride.

On June 9, I plan to be riding on a tandem bike through Silicon Valley, California.  I am riding with the team from Guide Dogs for the Blind. The Diabetic riders are given special recognition by wearing red jerseys and are called "Red Riders".  I will be proudly wearing my "Red Rider" jersey!

The dollars we raise for the American Diabetes Association fund research, provide services, and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. I believe in the work they do, and I invite you to join me in this effort. More than 25 million Americans live with diabetes, and your support can and will make a difference in their lives.
Those of you who know me, know that this is a very difficult disease.  Through my 52 years of diabetes, we have seen many advances, much of which is due to generous donations that have helped fund research.  My pancreas transplant four years ago was funded by donations to the Juvenile Diabetes Association.

Please help by making a donation - large or small - to support the work of the American Diabetes Association. Or, why not join me on the day of the event? Become a participant and side by side, as teammates, we can work together to Stop Diabetes!

You can visit my WEB page to donate http://main.diabetes.org/goto/sallymaguire

On that page, click the red button on the right labeled "Click Here To Sponsor Me."  All major credit cards and Pay Pal are accepted.    If you would prefer to donate by check, make it payable to:  The American Diabetes Association.

Mail it to me at:

Sally A. Maguire

2656 Box Canyon Rd.

Pinole, CA 94564

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you for making a generous contribution to this cause that is so important to me!

Gratefully,

Sally A. Maguire