[Diabetes-talk] The DAN Shall Go On, In Colorado

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 00:48:03 UTC 2013

Hi Everet,

I am glad to hear you were able to get a Diabetes Action Network of Colorado
started.  I am the DAN of California president and the draw that pulls them
in at our state convention is food.  We have a luncheon meeting.  I am able
to get a Diabetes educator or a Dietician as a speaker.  Even people who do
not have Diabetes come because they can ask nutrition questions at the end.
We range from 45 to 55 people attending.

We do not have a banner in California because when I have worked at booths
people are usually standing in front of the table skirt.  It was suggested
once that a lighted sign to hang behind would be easy to spot but the cost
is to high for our organization They are usually used by big companies.

I think what you and your wife are doing in your community is an excellent
idea.

Joy Stigile, President
Diabetes Action Network of California
Diabetes Action Network, Treasurer