[Diabetes-talk] help the "pen clickers"!

Grant Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Fri Oct 3 15:43:32 UTC 2014

I personally am not interested in an insulin pump for myself, however, might
I suggest that those of you who are should develop a concise list of
perimeters, about one page, that would be most helpful and/or useful to the
blind pump user. Once this list has been created, then take it to the
companies most interested in providing the type of access needed by the
blind insulin pump user. Also, it might be a good thing to take to the
manufactourers of the Prodigy and Solo V companies who already are involved
in providing talking meters.
Since the hardware is already available to the general market, such a list
would be helpful to the engineers who design the firmware from the ground up
so to speak. Since the blind pump users are such a small portion of the
market, everything you can do to provide a concise and helpful list of
perimeters will perhaps make it more probable that you can get the practical
options for a talking pump you really need.
Now then, yall know what yall need, so get to work on that concise list of
perimeters! smile