[Diabetes-talk] help the "pen clickers"!

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Oct 3 20:28:36 UTC 2014

Hmmm, not that easy to do because today's pumps are so different from each
other. The trend seems to be to go towards interactive kinds of displays.
So, you make one choice. That choice brings up a specific dialog or
question, which brings up another. This is unlike the bad old days when you
had a finite number of functions that would appear in menus which only
required us to count beeps and ask that menus not wrap around. So yes, we
would most certainly need to ask for keypad beeps and different sounds for
different alarms. But nothing short of speech will make today's equipment
fully and completely accessible. Can we function with partial and improved
accessibility? That's what we've pretty much always done and yes, I'd take
it. But the Tandem T-slim which does have keypads, nice sounds which can be
heard by older ears and all of that, well, this means nothing because we
have no way to access the touch screen, let alone responding to the various
questions. If we just came to the companies now with a list of hardware
ideas, there's a good chance that by the time the companies implemented
them, the pumps would work quite differently and we'd be behind again or
left out. We really need people with deep pump knowledge to sit down and go
through the details of how all people work, why they think all people want
the methods that are trending, and be part of the future solution that works
for everyone, including us. It's getting so silly in my head here that I'm
watching for any of those big dreams contests through Pepsy, Farmer's
insurance or whoever wants to give away a bunch of money for someone to go
after a crazy dream. <grin>
Hey, why not! Stay tuned! Hahahahaha!
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407