[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy and Medicare

Sally Maguire 1.sally at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 21:15:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My doctor would like me to switch to a talking meter, the Prodigy.
My pharmacy, Walgreen's says their vendor will not provide these strips.
I assume the rest of you must be using some type of talking meter.  I used one years ago that was not accurate but I hear they are better now.
I can't read all the readouts on my Free Style meter, but only under magnification.
Not the time, or previous readings.

Does any one know  another pharmacy that will sell the Prodigy strips to a blind diabetic using Medicare?
I've had to pay several times this month as I've  run out of strips while waiting for this final conclusion.
My doctor gave me the Prodigy meter as the pharmacy would not cover it with my insurance.

Oh, my transplant finally failed after 4 and a half years.  I'm  back on insulin and have had the paramedics 3 times.  It is hard to get used to having diabetes again!  I find I often forget to take the insulin. So as you can imagine, blood sugars are wild!
I had no infections while taking the immune suppressants, but now that blood sugars are high again, I've had lots!

If any one wants to write to me off list, that is fine.

Thanks for any help.

Sally Maguire