[Diabetes-talk] Question regardingVictoza

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:43:34 UTC 2016

Usually the advice is to test two hours after a meal to test to see how any
carbs are affecting you.

Carbs are what affect blood sugars. Any food with carbs, healthy or not,
will affect blood sugars. Usually diabetics are given a certain carb amount
to eat at each meal, which is calculated with your insulin or medication
needs, whichever method you use. Chinese food, burgers and ice cream are
loaded with carbs, not to mention high in fat and calories. You can make
healthier options of these at home, but they will still have carbs, unless
you use no bread or wheat. Many sauces contain carbs too, like sweet and
sour sauce or ketchup. Dairy has carbs too, especially high sugar foods like
ice cream.

Try eating less, and doing low-carb, and see if you feel better. The wrong
foods can make us feel not great, and we don't even always realize it. Once
we eat healthy, we start to notice a difference. I've always ate pretty
healthy, but in the last few months, I cut wheat and grains out of my diet,
and I feel so much more energy and have less bloating and my sugars are even
better than before. I notice better stability with my sugars since doing
this.

Good luck.