[Diabetes-talk] Heads up on Dexcom app update.

Sandra Ryan sjryan2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:20:02 UTC 2016

This particular Dexcom unit is made to go with the phone--sighted people use it with the phone as well. I do agree, however, that unless a device is used with a phone by everyone, making it available remotely through a phone for blind people is less acceptable.

Are you all aware of the Technology Bill of Rights for People with Diabetes and Vision Loss" passed at National convention? That bill of rights states exactly this point! It says we have a right to the same devices as our sighted peers, at the same time and price they are available to the public.

Sandi