[Diabetes-Talk] Iowa Diabetes Action Network Meeting on May 6 at 1:00 PM

Jerry Munden jerrymunden at carolina.rr.com
Thu Apr 27 13:10:43 UTC 2017

Hi Michael + NFB DAN Team,

As we spoke, I appreciate your invitation for me to speak to your NFB
Diabetes Action Network Iowa Group on Saturday afternoon, May 6 at 1:00 PM,
Central Time.  You said the call-in number for the conference is (712)
432-8812 and the conference code is 87458 followed by the pound sign. I look
forward to meeting and speaking to your group!  I spoke with Bernadette
Jacobs, NFB DAN President, and we agreed that since I am to be a speaker at
the NFB DAN National Convention in Orlando, FL it might be a good idea to
invite all state chapters to this conference call so we can become friends
and learn from each other!

Below is an email string with some information about the Blind Independence
Diabetes Group - BID Group.

We have a nationwide event coming up on May 19th called Blind Diabetes
Independence Day. It will be a live workshop showing people how to get and
use the Prodigy Voice Meter.   It will be held at Blindness Support Services
in Riverside, CA with a conference call line for all interested parties to
join nationwide (see attached).

As far as my bio, I had the privilege to serve as VP with Prodigy Diabetes
Care when Prodigy worked with key NFB Staff to create the Prodigy Voice
Meter. I received the NFB and AFB Access Awards for that product on behalf
of Prodigy. I also was awarded the 2011 NFB Bolotin Award for my personal
service to the blind population across America. I have lived with Type I for
45 years and I am a Board Member on the North Carolina Diabetes Advisory
Council.

I will look forward to talking with you and my NFB DAN friends on May 6th.

Here to Help,

Jerry Munden

980-253-0949 (m)

 <http://www.bid.northcoastmed.com/>

Blind Diabetes Friends,

There is a new website especially for Blind Diabetics - the Blind
Independence Diabetes Group or BID Group. The purpose of the BID Group is to
enable blind diabetics to improve their diabetes health skills, gain
independence, and make new friends!

The BID Group website provides free "living with diabetes and blindness"
audio training materials from top professionals.  It offers friendly
nationwide peer support groups where blind diabetics come together via
conference call to learn, laugh, and do life together.  Check out the BID
Group at www.bid.northcoastmed.com <http://www.bid.northcoastmed.com> .

The BID Group is sponsored by Medicare Bid Winner Advanced Diabetes Supply
which provides the blind-friendly Prodigy Voice glucose meter to Medicare,
private health plan, and non-insured customers.  They sell Prodigy test
strips for just $6.87 per box of 50 for people without insurance.   If you
want to order a Prodigy Voice meter and supplies call Bob at 760-579-7230 or
for more information about the BID Group call Jerry at 980-253-0949.

Help us get the word out by telling others!

Here to Help,

Jerry Munden

Blind Independence Diabetes Group - BID Group

980-253-0949 (m)

If you wish to not receive these emails, please respond with no interest in
enabling blind/vision impaired diabetics.