[Diabetes-Talk] Regarding insulin

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:43:38 UTC 2018

Juan,

     Most insulin today is dispensed in a pen-like device that is very easy
to use as a blind person.  The nurse should show you how to use it or your
pharmacist.  You just screw a disposable needle on the one end of the pen,
dial up how many units you need, remove the protective cap to the syringe,
inject and push the end with the dial to administer the insulin.  If they
don't offer the pen, ask for it.  It really makes giving insulin simple for
a blind person or anyone for that matter.

				Jamie