[Diabetes-Talk] Regarding insulin

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun May 6 03:47:04 UTC 2018

Juan,

Ask your doctor for both a prescription for insulin pens and needle caps as well as some time with a CDE (Certified Diabetic Educator). The CDE should be able to show you how to use the insulin pen and can also go over things like diet with you.

In fact, many doctor’s offices have sample pens and they might be able to give you a sample one and some of the needles that go with it before you commit to them and fill a prescription.
Good luck.

Eileen