[Diabetes-Talk] new member with questions

Dacia Cole dacia.luck at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:07:34 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
My name is Dacia and my husband and I are expecting our first child at
the beginning of  August. I was recently diagnosed with Gestational
Diabetes and am looking for any advice you can provide. Specifically,
is there a trick to knowing that you have enough blood to put on the
test strip to test  your  blood sugar? I am also looking for quick and
 easy diabetic friendly recipes. Especially ones  for desserts and
snacks so I can give them to those who are  hosting my baby showers.
They want to make sure to have snacks that I can eat. Also, are their
any granola bars  or fruit/protein bars that you find that are good
and  don't raise your sugar and are low in carbs? What about the
protein shakes do you ever  drink those and if so is there are a
particular part  of the day that is best to drink them? What about
breakfast I find  that to be hard not to  go crazy with carbs what
things do you eat for  breakfast? I know eggs are good, but I don't
always have time during the week to fix eggs due to my work schedule.
Sorry for all the  questions,I'm just trying to ensure I do the best
for myself and my baby.

Dacia