[Diabetes-Talk] G6 finally ordered

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:53:53 UTC 2019

Yes, both the G5 and G6 versions of the Dexcom are accessible for a totally blind person.  You have to use your iPhone as the receiver with the Mobile app, but it works great.  There is some trickiness to reading the sensor code from the package, but using the Seeing AI app with some patience works well for me.    I do need to have a sighted person read the transmitter serial number to me, since it is not easy to take a picture with  the phone camera to get it to accept the code.  I just make a braille label with the serial number on it, so I can input it when I need to switch transmitters.

				Jamie