[Diabetes-Talk] acu chek pairing interface

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:19:13 UTC 2019

Yes. I also have a Dexcom G5. I don't believe I said you were forced to use
it; I just asked why you chose it. I'm not aware of any insurance provider
who covers the Prodigy Voice or Autocode without a written notice from a
doctor. But this is what most of our endos do, sending a letter to insurance
stating we need the meter, and as far as has been the case for me, it's
never been a problem getting insurance to pay for the Prodigy Voice, which
is a little different than the Autocode. I know some people don't care for
the Prodigy and don't get consistent results, but I've personally not had a
problem with the Voice. I also rarely struggle to get blood on the strip,
usually only having to poke once, so, I admit that makes a difference too.
But there's also the Clever Choice meter. I also have other health related
concerns, so, I completely understand that perspective too. I'm not judging
you for your choice, just trying to understand it. Based on your own
comments, even your nurse educator had problems with this Accucheck, so,
sighted or blind, it doesn't seem like the best option in my opinion. But as
with all things, what works for one of us doesn't work for all of us. To
each his own; I simply wanted a better understanding for your choice. Seems
like the info Jude is giving us, it's not the most straight-forward device
either, again, whether you can see or not. But if it works for you, that's
all that matters.