[Diabetes-Talk] new member

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:14:28 UTC 2019

Hi Ryan,
 Welcome to the list. Sounds like you have a lot to struggle with, I
can certainly relate. I am also someone who has type II Diabetes and
have had it for many years. I also have kidney disease, so I
understand the challenges of living with both. I get the challenges of
using a meter, as a blind person it's difficult to get the right
amount of blood in the right spot on the strip to get a good test.
What stage is your kidney disease? I know I have a difficult time with
balancing diet with both Diabetes and kidney disease. Because the
foods you need to watch for Diabetes are some of what you need to eat
for kidney disease. I eat frozen meals some of the time, and I would
recommend lean cuisines. You need someone who can read you the labels,
so you can make sure you are getting what you need. I am limited to
2000 MG's of sodium and potassium a day. So I have to know the makeup
of food, and keep track of what I eat. I'd be glad to chat with you
more to try to brainstorm on things that might be helpful. Take care.
Doula