[Diabetes-Talk] Even more questions regarding the Libre

Amber Wallenstein amber.wallens at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:25:35 UTC 2019

Hi there:
I have been using the libre for a relatively short period but I will try to answer your questions.  I picked up my libre system from Walgreens and one of the pharmacists showed me how to apply it.  Once you learn how to do it, it is easy.  You will want to apply the censor, and also get the app on your IPhone— It has to be an IPhone 7 or later, though.  It will have you put in your name, and birthdate, I believe, and create a user name and password.  I gave this information to my doctor so she could look at my readings, too.  After the app is set up, there will be a “new Censor” button… Or at least I believe that is what it says.  Push that after you have applied the censor.  It will scan for  the censor, and after that it will tel you you have to wait for an hour to use it.
So an hour after you apply the censor and scan it, it is ready for use.
When applying the censor, be sure to use the alcohol pads in the box on the site you are going to apply it to. I find it sticks better that way.
I always change mine at the same time. Thursday mornings around ten AM.  It’s nice because the libre app gives me reminders when it needs to be changed.
If you have further questions, please let me know.
Amber