[Diabetes-Talk] question about upgrading to the G6 with Medicare

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:52:45 UTC 2019

Hi All,
 Veronica, I know you have a good deal of experience with dealing with
Dexcom and Medicare. Of course, anyone's ideas would be appreciated.
So, I just received a new transmitter for my G5, and seem to remember
that upgrades to the G6 for people with Medicare would be happening
throughout this year. When I asked the person who was filling my order
in customer service about when I would be eligibble for upgrading to
the G6, his response was I had to wait until everything I had with the
G5's warransies have expired. That would mean December, since the
Receiver has a one year warranty. Is there any way of getting around
this, or someone else within the company I could possibly contact?
Because, I do have a challenging time sometimes with doing the finger
sticks for checking my glucose with a regular meter. Also, with having
stage 3 kidney disease, the only pain killer type meds I'm allowed to
take are tylenol and aspirin. And with the G5 I do sometimes get weird
sugar bounces when I take Tylenol. Very rarely any more do I have
sensors fail on me, but I know in the past when I have, that's one of
the first questions they ask is about taking tylenol, since it still
has an impact on the G5. Thanks so much for whatever help you have.
Doula