[Diabetes-Talk] question about upgrading to the G6 with Medicare

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 21:05:37 UTC 2019

Just a note:

I was told by my distributor that Medicare put a freeze on approving Dexcom
request for the G6 until January 2020.  They said that Dexcom got swamped
with orders for the G6 transmitters and had delays in getting them out.
Medicare figured by holding off until Jan. 1, 2020 Dexcom will be able to
plan for having enough on hand.

The distributor told me that it depends on when you need to reorder the
transmitter after Jan 1, they will fill the order with the Dexcom g6.

So you might want to wait a little bit before you move forward on this.

Joyce