[Diabetes-Talk] insulin pumps and CGM

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Mar 29 20:24:17 UTC 2019

Hi Allisa,

While I am using a Medtronic insulin pump, last October, the company discontinued the last models we as blind diabetics were able to use independently. I thought I would be able to upgrade to a Medtronic 530G which others on list are using, but there was not a supplier that had anymore to sell. I had to settle for an upgrade to the same model that I have used the last 5 years which is a Paradigm Revel model 723. So long as its under warrantee I’m okay with it. Although Medtronic keeps saying they are working on a pump we will again be able to use so far as I know there is not one out on the market at this time. I don’t know if your doctor’s office might be able to work with their Medtronic rep to try and get you something you can use.

Veronica who is on this list is using the Omni Pod. If you have useable vision I don’t know, but maybe you’d be able to use the Tandum, that is something you or your doctor might be able to give you more information on or let you see one before committing to it. As a totally blind diabetic I cannot operate it.

Good luck.

Eileen