[Diabetes-Talk] beginner questions on constant glucose monitoring systems.

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat May 11 18:37:20 UTC 2019

I have yet to switch to the G6, but my understanding is that the sensor is even easier to insert. I'm still using the G5, because a friend upgraded and gave me several months worth of sensors. Personally, I don't think the G5 sensor is difficult.

The sensor is like a sticker, super thin. You insert this with a lancing device. Then you snap the transmitter on. The transmitter is about the width and thickness of a flash drive, slightly smaller. It's not that noticeable. I often wear fitted clothing, and no one can tell. You can get overlays that keep the sensor in place, and these overlays are especially great for swimmers. I'm also a swimmer. Often, the transmitter doesn't pair with the app while swimming, and it can take a few minutes to get connection again once done swimming, but in my experience, it only takes a few minutes.