[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction, Accessible Non Stic Glucometers

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:29:25 UTC 2021

Good morning everyone,

	First let me introduce myself. My wife Mary and I are members at large from Texas. We've been NFB members for many years but took a break from 2014 until last year when we rejoined. Mary is still employed as a Braille Proofreader and I build websites. In addition we're also entrepreneurs.

	My doctor is keeping a close watch on my A1C as I'm a borderline diabetic. I know many blind diabetics who use conventional blood glucometers for monitoring their sugar. In recent years glucometers have come on the market that don't require one to prick their finger to obtain a blood sample. Should one be necessary I'm curious to know if any of these new generation blood glucometers are usable by blind diabetics and how they work? Your information will be very much appreciated. All the best for a happy new year.

Peter Donahue