[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction, Accessible Non Stic Glucometers

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jan 6 15:52:45 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

There are 2 talking glucose meters. One is the Prodigey Voice which I suspect most people are using and another less well known is the Clever Check Voice.

Many people are now using a CGM (continuous glucose meter), but since you are at a boarder-line level I suspect that would not be a good option for you. I am using the Dexcom G6 which works with my IPhone and I can look at the phone for readings, but there is a sensor that is injected under the skin and sends out the readings through bluetooth to the phone or Dexcom recever. The other CGM is the Libra and I’ll leave that to someone who is using it to describe.

HTH.

Eileen