[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction, Accessible Non Stic Glucometers

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:10:47 UTC 2021

Hello Peter,

I have not heard of a non injection testing system that is classified
accessible with speech. The best glucose testing meter with speech for many
years now has been the Prodegy Voice which some insurance carriers will pay
for with a doctors prescription. Your doctor can also determine what guage
needle to use and that too needs to be specified in the prescription if you
will not be using the needles that come with the meter.

The Prodegy Voice was the meter that was tested by the NFB to meet the
accessibility requirements of the Diabetes Action Network when Mike Freeman
was the President of DAN.

Out of pocket cost would be around $75.00 when I last check. The Prodegy
Voice might still be available through the NFB Independence Market. You
might want to give them a call.