[Diabetes-Talk] Anyone Used the MiniMed Package Yet, All Controlled by Your Phone?

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 02:35:40 UTC 2026


Rick,

Good luck with it. Let us know how it works for you. I'm currently using the Tandem Mobi and love it. I don't kno if I'd go back to a Medtronic's pump, but never say never. The decision is usually driven by which brand offers greatest accessibility and useability on pumps. It is always a good thing to have more than only 1  choice.

Keep us posted since inquiring minds want to know.

Eileen 


-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2026 6:43 PM
To: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Rick Mladek <hmladek at neo.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Anyone Used the MiniMed Package Yet, All Controlled by Your Phone?

Hi,

My Endocrinologist just ordered the Flex for me. After the demo by the Minimed/Medtronics Rep, there is nothing about this we will not be able to handle by ourselves. Same infusion/reservoir as the 770/780 versions and no controls on the much smaller pump. All done by your I-phone or Android. Only problem now is the Distributors of this system know nothing about this, as I learned today. I'll let you know more as I get this all set up sometime soon.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of everett everettgavel.com via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2026 4:38 PM
To: diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: everett everettgavel.com <everett at everettgavel.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Anyone Used the MiniMed Package Yet, All Controlled by Your Phone?

Hi All, 

My wife and I just read something on the MiniMed site that talked about a package or set, I don't remember exactly how it was worded right now, but it made it sound like a whole setup controlled by the phone. If you know what I'm talking about, have you tried it yet? It sounded like it was a package or set, and I remember thinking they meant the pump and the sensors, and all done by your phone. We were looking for something else and didn't make the time to look further at that time. But I wanted to mention it here to help give hope to those who don't yet know, and ask if anyone here might already be involved in this scenario? It sounded great, just from that headline I read. But it might just be hopeful marketing, I know. Anyone know more? 


Thanks, 
Everett
In Colorado Springs, USA


_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/hmladek%40neo.rr.com


_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net



More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list