[Dtb-talk] issues with using victor stream

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Wed Nov 5 17:11:20 UTC 2008

The Stream Companion software has been greatly improved since its initial version.  It can be of a lot of assistance with unzipping books and moving them to the Stream.  You will need to know where your downloaded books go on your PC, and set up the software to look in that place.  You will also need to tell it where your stream or SD card  are.  However, these are one-time setup steps, and once done, use is pretty simple.

Dave

David Andrews
Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., #240
St. Paul, MN  55114-1840
(651) 642-0513  Office
(612) 730-7931  Cell
(651) 649-5927  Fax

>>> "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel at comcast.net> 11/4/2008 12:40 PM >>>

Hello,

No, there has not been any improvement.  You are right, it is complicated,
around 50 steps, as i wrote them out for a friend who I was trying to teach.
I think this process needs more automation.

The Victor Stream is quite a nice device, though the Book Port was much
easier to use.  I love the downloaded books.  There are a number of people
who will never be able to use the download site with Victor Reader as they
are presently configured to work.  Fortunately, the Library system is very
simple, even simpler than cassettes.

Good luck.

Warm Regards,

Fred