[Dtb-talk] Bookshare.org, internet archive and other automated DAISY production

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 03:53:50 UTC 2010

Hello Greg:

     It is my opinion that DAISY books should absolutely reflect the
structure of the original printed book. If they don't how could a student
deal with a teacher's instructions to turn to page XX. In situations where a
citation is needed, a reader couldn't produce a professionally acceptable
citation. If the DAISY book is to be used to produce braille, proper
pagination is a must. Sections and chapters also must be preserved.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss