[Dtb-talk] iPhone/iPad/iPod touch NLS Playback question

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:33:43 UTC 2010

Association for the Blind of Western Australia and Curtin University has developed a DAISY Playback software, DAISY Bookworm, which we expect to release June 1. The cost will be about $5.00.

This software was developed to play our books and those of Vision Australia and other libraries using non encrypted books. Now that we have this we would like to ask if there any interest in the U.S. in such devices playing NLS books? If so we would need to investigate how to get the devices approved with our software.

So I figured I would ask first and see if there is enough interest before putting a great deal of programming time into it.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com