[Electronics-talk] gas VS electric stoves

Sherry DeFrancesco sdefrancesco at optonline.net
Mon Oct 26 18:34:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
I have just begun to read this thread...I like gas personally because I can
hear the flame and adjust according to the sound...we bought a new gas stove
about 5 years ago with the flat screen/digital controls, but they beep and
we adhered Braille labels. So, it works really well for us(we are both
total) Some stoves have the beeps when you push the flat screen, and others
do not. Something you will want to check out when you purchase. Also, the
Braille labels can melt from the heat, so be sure to use the tubes of
marking glue when marking in Braille.
Also, the default oven temperature is 350 degrees. If we want to adjust the
oven temperature, we have to count the beeps with an up and down arrow
setting in 5 degree intervals.  Once the oven is shut off, the default will
be re-set to 350 degrees automatically.

Hope this helps.
Sherry