[Electronics-talk] need to share

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 00:58:18 UTC 2010

Are you sure you were on the right Code Factory web site? There's lots of
information there, but it's quite accessible. The URL is
http://www.codefactory.es/en/.

If you follow the link for Oratio and Blackberry phones, you'll see that the
Blackberry Tour isn't supported. Here's what it says:

"Oratio will first be released in North America in English, supporting the
BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone from AT&T.
Support for additional BlackBerry smartphone models and languages will be
available in subsequent versions of Oratio."

If you're staying with Verizon then you'll need to look at Windows Mobile
phones that will run Mobile Speak from Code Factory. There are also some LG
phones that have some limited accessibility. Finally, there's the Ozone
which runs the Windows Mobile version of Talks. Others will have to help you
with this. I personally use a Nokia phone running Series 60 and Talks with
AT&T.

Kurzweil is an OCR package. You can use it to scan and convert books into
text. I don't have any Kurzweil products myself.

Assuming you're running Windows on your laptop, you can run JFW from Freedom
Scientific, Windows Eyes from GW Micro, Screen Access from Serotek or
NVDA--an open source screen reader. I run JFW myself.

Unfortunately, none of these questions are on topic for this list. This list
is to discuss off the shelf electronic devices that have some accessibility
for the blind.

For your phone related questions, I'd suggest the Blind Phones mailing list.
You can find out more information and subscribe at
http://mosenexplosion.com/mailman/listinfo/blindphones_mosenexplosion.com.

For your general Windows questions, I'd suggest the Blind Windows mailing
list. You can subscribe to this list by following the following directions:

Subscribe to the list by sending email to
blind-windows-request at freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

--
Christopher
chaltain at gmail.com