[Electronics-talk] Accessible Phones for Verizon

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 03:34:00 UTC 2010

Hello Evelyn and list,

This business of signal strength is relative!  There really isn't a standard
as far as I can tell!  How the signal is measured varies from phone to
phone!  Both the Haven and my LG VX5300 show a maximum signal strength of
four.  One can get quite a bit of signal at the zero point or even at 2 the
halfway mark!  My old 4650 had a maximum reading of six!  I do have
reception problems in my basement at times but it is no worse than my old LG
VX5300.  The advantage of the Haven is it usually tells me when I'm out of
service or when I'm back in service again!  I might move a few inches before
I'm out of service and back in again! The antenna sticks out on the 5300 but
one doesn't see it on the Haven!  I find the signal quality to be better on
the Haven.  I understand that the 8300 series phones had exceptional
reception and they may be hard to beat!  I haven't used one myself so can't
comment!  I can say one thing though!  the accessibility is so much better
than anything I have used to date!  I downloaded seven ringtones today!  I
never did this before!  I even made one myself which worked in this phone
but I didn't keep it!  Believe me!  This Haven is an amazing phone!  Try it
for thirty days and if you don't like it, return to Verizon and go back to
your 8300.

This Haven phone is well worth the money!

Jim