[Electronics-talk] Accessible Cell phone for T-mobil

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Thu Mar 24 18:09:04 UTC 2011

If you are willing to go Android, you can look at the G2. There have
been great advancements in accessibility for Android within the last two
weeks.  Code Factory, the developers of Mobile Speak, have come out with
a product called Mobile Accessibility, for Android.  It combines a
screen reader with 10 basic apps that are completely accessible.  The
apps include  SMS, Email, and web browser.  Talkback, the Android screen
reader from Google itself, is free, and has recently been updated to
provide greater accessibility.  Mobile Accessibility costs $95, which is
much cheaper than Mobile Speak, but its advantage is that if you are new
to Android, the included apps will get you up and running right away and
in time you can begin to explore using mainstream apps with the screen
reader component.  Do keep in mind for the future that is appears that T
Mobile will be bought out by AT&T, and this may be a real game changer,
both in terms of pricing, and in terms of availability of the iPhone on
that carrier.

Andy