[Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Fri Dec 14 19:02:34 UTC 2012

Good in fo Shannon, thanks.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Shannon Cook
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 12:03 PM
To: Discussion of accessible electronics and appliances
Subject: Re: [Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Hi,

A lot of the ovens can be marked with Braille or bump dots.  You can
increase or decrease the temp by 5 degree increments.  Most of the ovens
that My husband and I looked at gave a beep each time the buttons are
pressed.  So with minimal adjustment, that too can be overcome.

Shannon Cook, MSW

December is Safe Toys and Gift Month.  The South Carolina Commission for the
Blind offer the following tips in when selecting toys for young kids: select
age appropriate toys, avoid toys that have sharp, projectile or protruding
parts and check to make sure all toys meet national safety requirements.