[Electronics-talk] fixing a microwave

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 13:58:43 UTC 2012

Again, how do you transport a heavy and bulky microwave to an appliance
repair shop that is not nearby?  You certainly can't carry it aboard  a bus,
subway or paratransit vehicle.  Which means that you need a car.  But the
point is moot.  Here in Manhattan,the crossroads of the world, there is not
a single appliance repair shop left.  The nearest one from my home is more
than 20 miles away.  Want to guess what the round trip fare would be to
reach it by car service?  More than the cost of a new microwave. So whenever
one of my appliances dies, my only alternative is to buy a new one even if
it is still under warranty, unless I can fix it myself.

Gerald