[Electronics-talk] radios and stereos

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 22 20:39:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I’m new here but many will recognize me from other lists. I’m from the younger generation having graduated college in 2009.

I love entertainment, so I hope to find accessible gadgets. With more and more on screens, it hard though.

A challenge is finding accessible stereos. Much info is  on a screen that we cannot access; I can see some but the contrast is too slight for me to see the numbers. I am looking for a radio, tape and cd stereo. Is there such a radio or stereo now that has a radio tuner to adjust stations? The problem is that they have buttons, and only move by a tenth of a frequency. Like it says 102.3 and then 102.4. Given this, its rather difficult to know what station you are on. With an old fashioned tuner dial you turn it and it actuall tunes you to the next radio station, not the little frequencies between them!

Any suggestions? The most accessible one I found is a sony one, but it has the radio issue I described and of course you cannot preset stations since it involves the screen. But the buttons are discernible to operate the machine at least, no touch screen.

Thanks.

Ashley