[Electronics-talk] Data plans

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 23:16:04 UTC 2014

I really don't think it's anyone's business what someone spends on a
cell phone or a data plan, whether they're on a fixed income or not.

The iPhone 6 starts at $199 and not $299. The 5s can be had for $99 and
the 5C can be free. This is all with a two year contract. Of course you
can spend more if you get a 6 Plus or get more memory. You can also
spend less if you go with some of the Android options. Plans for a
single user typically start at $60, with some smaller companies going as
low as $40 a month. Mobile sharing plans also save money if you have
multiple devices on the same plan. Of course you can spend more if you
get a larger data plan. Many people also get up to 30% discounts
depending on their employer and other factors.

I doubt these numbers will change anyone's mind, but they are
significantly lower than what's quoted below.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail