[Electronics-talk] Traffic signal app

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Mon Jun 29 12:29:30 UTC 2015

The so-called "Barnes Dance" was devised by the innovative Henry Barnes when
he was New York City's traffic commissioner in the 1960's.  But having
traffic come to a complete standstill at all four corners of an intersection
while pedestrians were allowed to cross in any direction proved to be so
unpopular with motorists and so confusing to pedestrians that his successor
discontinued the practice, and it has not been tried again in New York City
ever since.

Gerald