[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Recumbent Exercise Bike, and samsung tv

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 2 13:05:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

A few months ago we purchased an upright bike, S1Ui Upright i.Concept Bike.
It has physical buttons that are easy to operate.  This company also makes
other types of equipment, so maybe they have the type of bike you are
looking for.

It also has an app for the iPhone that lets you control the bike, as well as
select the type of workout/ride you want.  It also provides feedback on your
speed, distance and heart rate.

So before you get too excited about the app, it has some serious
accessibility issues when used with voice over.  It was my intension to
contact the company about this, but then the microwave saga consumed my
time.

I have been using an iPhone app that obtains your heart rate by having you
put your finger on the camera of the phone.  It is fairly accurate.  I've
been experimenting with apps like the motion monitor included in the iPhone,
Pacer,  and others that track your steps and activity.  So far I'm not
totally happy with any of them, but it might be user error more than limited
app ability.

There is a NFB Fitness Division.  Maybe they have a recommendation.

HTH,
Annette