[Electronics-Talk] Comcast Voice Remote

Naima Leigh nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:09:32 UTC 2016

Well Sandra you will love the box, I had mine for a little over a year and sadly had to replace it but I'm back up. Do you have your voice guidance on the box?

The voice remote might not be very accessible for you, did you get a universal remote too? I use that kind. I was told that the voice remote doesn't always do what you say. So that's why I have the other one.

To set up your voice guidance:

Press the triangle button that looks like the letter "A" one time. You will hear your tv talk to you. Then press okay and it will be set up.

What box did you get? Did you get the DVR box or did you get one of the other X1 boxes? With the DVR box you will have to make sure you reset the tv when it tells you because you are responsible for the other boxes in the house. If you got the other X1 boxes you can also record but you can just restart your tv. Both have video description options and both can be recorded on too.

To set up the video description:

Go to settings press okay and scroll down until you hear accessibility, then press okay. Next go down to video description, you will hear that video description is off and to turn it on just press the okay button. When a program has video description you will get full description of the show and when the show doesn't have video description you will hear Spanish or another language other than English. Your box will get smarter the more you use it.
Hope this helps.

Naima