[Electronics-Talk] not necessarily electronic, but...

Shannon Cook SCook at sccb.sc.gov
Thu Feb 11 13:36:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have two good suggestions for you.  One is the Lock 'N Lock pantry set available on QVC.  It has 6 containers, all square in footprint shape.  The two largest can accommodate a 5 pound bag of flour, sugar, etc.  They are airtight, watertight, etc.  I've had mine for years, and never had an issue with a plastic smell.  They are also BPA free and very affordable.  The medium size containers are great for rice, tea bags, and lots of stuff that you'd want to keep in the pantry, hence the name.

The other is a 7-piece ceramic canister set from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.  Now, I will say that the smaller pieces are very small, good for spices.  The largest one I don't think will hold a 5 pound bag, but they are quite attractive to sit out on the counter.  We use ours for our coffee corner. So coffee, Splenda, etc.   is right there when we need it.  These too are airtight.  The ones we have are black.  I don't know if they have other colors.  The set costs about $20 or so, and so does the Lock 'N Lock set, or they did when we got them.

Hope this helps.

Shannon Cook, MSW