[Electronics-Talk] Iphone

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed Mar 16 15:36:34 UTC 2016

Hey Anna,

Just FYI, The advise you've gotten so far is sort of generally accepted advise for how to deal with a slow phone.  I usually find closing apps and reboot the phone are good last resorts that sometimes help.

However, the sluggishness you describe is a known problem with the latest version of voiceover on the latest few updates to the iphone.

One suggest that has helped me is that this problem is caused by a large amount of data in the clipboard.  This can happen without you realizing it.  copying a small piece of data into the clipboard often helps by shrinking the clipboard size. I know this has helped me several times.  Here's how I do it.  Your mileage may vary depending on how your rotor is set up.

  1) Go into an app where you can copy text.  Reading an email message is a good one.
  2) Spin the rotor until you hear "text selection"
  3) flick up or down until you hear "character"
  4) flick right to select a single character.
  5) spin the rotor until you hear "edit"
  6) flick up and down until you hear "copy"
  7) double tap.  You should hear that the character you selected has been copied.

Good Luck,

Jim