[Electronics-Talk] OT Information about Uber and Lift

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 19:48:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I can get into most Uber vehicles I have ridden in thus far.  My wife isn't as fortunate.  She has great difficulty getting into higher vehicles while handling her guide dog.  She later suffers cramps and other problems due to the strain of getting into those high off the ground vehicles.  We can call the driver but there is no texting option here.  Sometimes I'll ask Siri whether a given vehicle is a truck or a car.  This helps somewhat!  We did ask two drivers not to drive us due to their high off the ground vehicles.  There isn't a texting option either.  There is a local ordinance which prohibits people from texting while driving!  This might account for why we don't have a texting option on the Uber App.  She doesn't wish to carry a folding stool around either.  Over all, we really appreciate having Uber here!

Jim

Sent from my iPad