[Electronics-Talk] Roku Accessibility

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 22 21:28:54 UTC 2017

Good afternoon everyone,

                As mentioned last night we're getting a Sharp HDTV on
February 1st. Among its many features is a built-in Roku Media Player.
information on Roku's Webside indicates that various Roku devices include
what is called the "Roku Audio Guide." This works similar to Voiceover and
Siri on Apple iDevices. Information for the Roku Audio Guide can be found
at:
https://support.roku.com/article/231584647-how-to-enable-text-to-speech-usin
g-audio-guide

                The information also indicates that in addition to Roku's
stand-alone appliances the Roku Audio Guide is available on TVs with a
built-in Roku Media Player. Again we want to find out if any of you have
used the accessibility features of Roku Products including HDTVS that
include the Roku Media Player. We'll await your feedback and suggestions.

Peter Donahue