[Electronics-Talk] Orcam

Brian sackriderbrian45 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 19:29:22 UTC 2019

     I do think that any one of theese devices are not for the totally
blind.  My friend and I had a demo of the siber eyes system and we did
experience the same problem.  We are both totally blind.  you can be off
just a hair and you have to move the camera up or down or right or left
with somone telling you to move in the required direction.  Until they
come up with some kind of auto focus theese devices won't be very useful
or practicle for us totally blind.  There is the problem of spacetial
problems in the totally blind that some of us do have.  This is why some
blind people can do it and some can't.  The rep told us that we can call
somone on skype to help us with the orientation process.  Kind of like
be my eyes.  This type of a system is not worth 35,000 dollars.  The rep
did tell us that there is a man who is totally blind and he is able to
use it quite well.  I can't say that is impossible to use technology but
it is not ready for most totally blind users yet.  We were not impressed
with the siber eyes system at all.  This may have great benifit for
visuallllly impeared people but not for the totally blind.

Brian Sackrider