[Electronics-Talk] Top Tech Tidbits Polls Update

Top Tech Tidbits enews at toptechtidbits.com
Mon Oct 19 05:19:32 UTC 2020

Greetings Everyone,

In the event you are not up to speed on our former struggles with poll accessibility, I released a quick update last week (https://www.toptechtidbits.com/1.html) addressing concerns that many readers posed over being forced to have a Facebook account in order to view poll results.

In a nutshell I let everyone know that we were every bit as displeased with this unintended restriction as many of you were. The core principle of Tidbits, after all, is accessibility, so it doesn't really matter to us what form inaccessibility takes, we will only utilize the most accessible solutions currently available.

In this vein, I am very happy to report that Top Tech Tidbits will no longer use Polls for Pages as of this communication. All Top Tech Tidbits Polls, from this day forward, will now be served from the SurveyMonkey platform.

Not only does SurveyMonkey not require a Facebook account, nor any other type of account for that matter, they also provide completely Section 508 compliant surveys (https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/508-website-accessibility/), as well as surveys that adhere to all current WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards. We look forward to growing Tidbits Polls with you using this new and accessible platform.

This means, unfortunately, that the results of each of our previous polls will be now be forfeit, and for this I sincerely apologize, but we will go ahead and re-pose each of the former questions using the new platform to ensure that all of our readers will have the opportunity to participate, respond and review the results. We even have some reader answer voting features available to us now that we're really excited for you to try out.

I can't thank everyone enough for hanging in there with us as we navigated these challenges. We look forward to asking your questions. And we look forward to everyone now being able to answer them. Knowledge is power.

Love Tidbits? Please consider making a small donation or becoming a sponsor today. Your sponsorships along with reader support are critical for us to be able to continue to offer free and unbiased adaptive technology news to thousands of blind and visually-impaired professionals, educators and enthusiasts all over the world, each week.

Aaron Di Blasi, PMP
Publisher, Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐

Project Management Professional, Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd.
Innovative ideas. Solutions that perform.
https://mvsltd.com 🌐

Email: enews at toptechtidbits.com ✉
Subscribe: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe
Facebook: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook
Twitter: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter
LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss
Sponsorship Information: https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor
Archive Search: https://toptechtidbits.com/search
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication: https://mvsltd.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information, which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules, and regulations. This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee only. If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal consequences. If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error, please delete the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.