[Electronics-Talk] Air Conditioning Melt Down, Need Suggestions [off topic]

cheez at cox.net cheez at cox.net
Sat Aug 7 15:02:22 UTC 2021

It sounds like you have a legal matter on your hands.
I'm sure, like in Arizona, Texas too has Renters Rights Law advocates.  You
ought to seriously check into it.

My oldest daughter's first apartment had a slum landlord, and he too was
uncaring when it came to cool air in the summer.
Her place got so hot, brand new candles melted when they were sitting on the
shelf!
She was able to get out of her lease due to unlivable conditions.
Ironically, the jerk tried to sue her for the remaining 8 months on the
lease one month after she vacated the premises.  But of course, he had no
leg to stand on, and after he was told he'd be hit with a harassment suit,
she never heard from the jerk again.

So, if you were me, you'd contact the renters advocate in your city or
state.

However, I must inform you.  Most lawmakers are owners of rental property.
So, some laws lean more toward the landlord.  But in your situation, like my
daughter, you are dealing with a health issue.

Beware. Your manager is going to do everything in his power not to spend
more than he wants to fix your air.

Vince