[Electronics-Talk] Modern Landline Phone Service

Leslie Fairall fairall at panix.com
Sun Jun 19 17:44:37 UTC 2022

Hello:

I moved due to a new job and hooked up all of my utilities. One of the
things I still prefer is old-fashioned landline service due to its sound
quality and reliability. I currently have Comcast Internet and phone. The
problem I have is that I cannot use the jacks installed throughout the
home. I've been told by Comcast that I need to connect a cordless phone to
my modem to allow me to have phones in every room. I like cordless phones
but have a couple corded phones that I would prefer using since they have
great Speakerphone capability. AT&T will sell me traditional landline
service but the cost is very steep. Their representative wanted to sell me
the Voip service, but stated that the phone service worked the same way as
Comcast. When I had Verizon Fios in New England, I could connect phones to
every jack in my home. Can anyone shed some light on this? I am scheduled
to have landline service connected in two weeks but am hoping to find a
cheaper alternative. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks.

--
Leslie Fairall
mailto:fairall at panix.com