[Faith-talk] predestination

Frank Lordi timber_wolf899 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 22:43:51 UTC 2008

This is a very interesting topic.

Now to me, predestination is not logical.

Let me elaborate
We know God is good and loving.
This seems to clash with the idea that some individuals are created for hell.

We know that men and angels have free will.
Thus is our destiny not up to our choices, rather than some pre-set script?

Also important to note, we often forget that God exists outside of time.  So it must be considered that He knows all past, present, and future.  Thus God knows before our birth, what road we will choose in life.  This is how it was assured that Christ's sacrifice would not be in vein.

Now i'm tempted to go off into more on the particular and anticedent<sp> will of God and other funs tuff but i do not want to end up in tangent land, so i will simply wrap things up here.

My over all point is that IMO predestination does not fit with logic and or what we know of God himself.