[Faith-talk] Week 12 of devotional

WESLEY BURDEN wesley.burden at verizon.net
Sun Nov 16 19:33:23 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net
[mailto:blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net] On Behalf Of Stu
(by way of Curtis Delzer <curtis at calweb.com>)
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:00 PM
To: Blind men for Christ
Subject: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

Week 12

This weeks  thought that we're fasting from is:  "I'm not that smart".

("I'm not smart enough". "Everyone seems to figure it out except me", etc.)

Some may think this is not that important, but make no mistake, this thought
permeates our thinking and keeps us limited in what we can do, and what
influence

we can have.

It's another thought that the devil uses to try to make us feel inferior.

Most media and institutions of "higher learning"
are not as smart as they think.

Think about how the media reports on politics, health and the economy.  Who
understands what they're saying?  I don't think they do!  This world's
system

is designed to make you feel you don't know enough about what's going on, so
you will be dependent on what they say you should think, feel and do.

If you're born-again, you are brilliant! YOU HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.  His
mind is far smarter than the smartest businessmen, educators, politicians
and

news makers of this life.  And you have His mind!

Let's abstain from the thought: "I'm not that smart".  We're giving it up
for the rest of our lives beginning today! Now let's replace it:

1. You have the mind of Christ.  (1 Corinthians 2:14.)

You have the ability to see things the way God sees, understand the way He
understands, and choose the way He would choose.  STOP listening to any
thought

otherwise.

2. EXPECT wisdom today.  James 1:5-6 says, "If any man lacks wisdom, let him
ask of God who gives to all men generously; but let him ask in faith without

doubting."

3. Psalm 16:7 ".my mind instructs me in the night."  Friends, you are so
smart that your mind is even teaching you while you're sleeping!

4. If you ever feel foolish or less educated than the mentally "elite",
remember: "He takes the foolish things to confound the wise."

5. Don't think small anymore; and don't talk small.  You are made in the
image of God, with His intelligence, His brilliance, His understanding.

THINK IT & SPEAK IT:

I have the mind of Christ.  I think His thoughts and understand His ways!

I will never again submit to the thought that "I'm not that smart" or "I
can't figure it out".  I am smart and I can figure it out.

I expect wisdom today and I expect MY MIND TO INSTRUCT ME IN THE NIGHT! I
make wise and intelligent decisions.

I will never again be intimidated by the mentally
"elite".  I am made in His image, filled with His
intelligence, His brilliance and His understanding.

  Stu
<mailto:K5stu at sbcglobal.net>K5stu at sbcglobal.net
Reading your Bible today will help prepare you for A Brighter Tomorrow!