[Faith-talk] Thank you

Renee Pavlus psychmom3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 23:33:24 UTC 2010

I just signed up for your network.  Today's message was exceptionally poinyent.  Our search seems to be never complete, and self questioning seems to be part of ones growth and development.

I would like to ask the members to say several prayers for a family in need.  I just learned that a childhood friend of my daughter Mary's has died unrepentantly last evening.  I do not know the details as of yet, but her Mother, Dad, Sister, husband and little girl are in need of comfort at this critical time.

The first thing which seems to come to mind is "why" What our Lord's plans for her, shortened life, how it will effect her loved ones, her small child, etc are in peoples minds I am sure.

I survived Breast Cancer several years ago, and when I hear of such traumatic loss I still question my purpose for living, especially when younger more vital people are taken unexpectedly.

I am a Christian, (LDS), belong to The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints.  I however, was raised as a Roman Catholic, and many of my traditions follow me today in to my middle years.

I am a little hesitant however to say I am Christian, mostly because of the division in the Christian community.  I am not right winged, I try to be open, understanding, non judgmental and try to walk Jesus' walk.  I do not understand people who can't forgive others, and who can't try to understand the beliefs of others which may be different from their own.

My Mom passed away three months ago from Cancer, so for me this is a delicate time.  I don't know if the purpose of this blog is to share feelings, or just relate scriptural passages.  If I am not supposed to express personal feelings, then don't post this, and I due apologize.

If you do post this, it would be wonderful to communicate with others who are in this group.

I have a facebook page (Renee Radicioni Pavlus)
email (psychmom3 at gmail.com

Thank You once again.  If I am not to post personal messages please let me know the guide lines.

I love the bible passages you expressed today, and want to send them to several people in my family who may benefit as I have.

Renee M. Pavlus