[Faith-talk] Saturday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:16:35 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all, my fellow Christians and saints of the Most High God.  Here are today's quotes, albeit for some the second time around.

Children are natural mimics--they act like their parents in spite of our efforts to teach them good manners.

Heredity is what a man believes in until his son begins to behave like a delinquent.

For what are the servants of the Lord but His minstrels who should raise the hearts of men and move them to spiritual joy? Francis of Assisi

Joy is the echo of God's life within us.  Marmion

What we mean by salvation is this: Deliverance from the love of sin, rescue from the habit of sin and setting free from the desire to sin.  Spurgeon

There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart;
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part.  Jill Wolf

A word from God is as sure as His deed; our hope upon promises as good as possession.  Joseph Carol

My fastidious mother awoke one morning with a ringing in her ears, so she got an unlisted ear.

Spotted on a sign outside a church: "Honk if you love Jesus.  Keep on texting while you drive if you want to meet him!"

All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.  All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it.  Abraham Lincoln

And there you have it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.